Monday, February 19, 2007

New Server

I just got myself a new computer to use at my dorm house.

It's a simple one, capable of sharing files at a normal/not-to-slow rate, containing a 900 Mhz Processor, 172 MB DDR Ram, HDD1 10Gb, HDD2 160Gb.

This system will be mainly used to share our project files and maybe , on a later date, will serve as a web-server for basic stuff we might need during vacations.

I found some decent software, mainly in the backup-ghosting area. DriveImage XML (google it, I forgot the link), is the best free, NON bootable tool I found laying around on the internet. This is very handy as I still got a 3 year old EDItoUSB cable wich I rarely used.

I've backed up the main drive of the fileserver, and I must say, it went quite of slow. 6+ hours backing up 9.31Gb. If I find a tool that works faster (gets me under 2 hours for a PERFECT disk image) AND is freeware, I think I'll switch. But for now, it's the best thing I found to date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.